Today we’d like to share some great Christmas gift ideas designed to inspire people to a healthier lifestyle. Whether it’s healthy eating, a healthy mindset or a healthier body, buy them something that will add to their health, not take away. Your friends and family will thank you for it!
- Give the gift of relaxation, with a massage, day spa or float and restore session.
- Build their bank of knowledge with a good wellbeing book or healthy cookbook, or vouchers to attend a health workshop. We recommend Dr Libby Weaver’s books including Woman’s Wellness Wisdom or Exhausted to Energised https://www.drlibby.com/shop/
- Help them switch their mindset some terrific Positive Gifts and Mindset Journal Starter Packs from INSITE MIND.
– Journals Choose from Mindset Reset, Move Your Mood and The ART of Positive Thinking
– The Clear Vision Box Everything you need to create a vision board for inspiring and lasting motivation
– Oh Happy Day Cards The Affirmation Practice with 52 cards to swap out and say to yourself every day
– Grateful Daily Practice gratitude in two ways through journaling and using a gratitude jar. A great way to start a new habit for the kids.
- Choose gifts to get them moving – what about a voucher for a pilates class? For kids, toys that keep them active should be high on the list such as skateboard, scooter, garden games, sports equipment, hula hoops.
- Feel good by doing good – there are many worthy charities that would gladly take a donation in lieu of presents. A few we love are listed below:
– Operation Christmas child shoebox – Pack a shoebox full of gifts for a young child – likely to be the first gift a child has ever received.
– Timor Leste Vision is a beautiful organisation working in East Timor. They don’t have the gift cards at the moment but people can ask for donations to their favourite charity for Christmas – post it on Facebook and feed your soul.
– Give a card that really counts, instead of spending $10 on a piece of cardboard, give something far better with Oxfam’s gift cards. There is even a little one for kids which explains beautifully how these cards work.
Is there anything I should ask Santa for?
Instead of asking, start with giving. Encourage your children to give too.
Perhaps ask Santa for something that is fulfilling from within – what inspires you? Is there an experience you’ve always wanted to try or a craft that you haven’t pick up in a long time?
When it comes to your own health, consider some supportive thongs! With beach season looming and many Perthites spending the whole summer in thongs, it is important to make sure they have support. Wearing unsupportive footwear puts a lot of pressure on your knees and back/joints. Your body will thank you for it! Have a look at Archies orthotic thongs – available at both our Hillarys and Currambine clinics.